TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobile Support Program
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DETAILS
1. In order to be eligible for referral, a client must consent to disclosure of their full name, date of birth and gender for the purposes of monitoring their progress and requirements on the program. This information will be stored securely in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
1A. The client name may be disclosed to the WA Police or other emergency services if HI reasonably believes it is in the clients best interest, or if HI is legally required to disclose the information. HI will make efforts where possible to direct the enquiry back to the referring worker.
APPROPRIATE USE OF SERVICES
2. Users must use the device for appropriate uses related to their productive progress through the criminal justice system. This may include contacting support workers and external support agencies. The device may also be used for reasonable and appropriate personal use.
2A. Further to the above, HI will pass client's mobile phone numbers to their Youth Justice Officer (YJO) or relevant representative from their Youth Justice office. HI requires that referring workers co-operate with YJO's requests for mobile numbers.
2B. There is no allowance for additional mobile credit to be supplied for personal use such as data usage.
3. Users must not use the device or mobile service for any illegal activities. In the instance that illegal activity using Hello Initiative provided resources is discovered, the mobile service will be disconnected and the clients re-acceptance onto the program will be suspended until further notice.
BROKEN / DAMAGED / LOST / STOLEN MOBILE DEVICES
4. In the instance the device is damaged or broken, the client is to return the device to their referring worker as soon as possible for potential repair or replacement.
5. In the instance the device is lost or stolen the client must advise their referring worker as soon as possible so it can be blocked from further usage. The referring agency must pass this information onto Hello Initiative immediately.
6. If the client disengages from the referring support program and is exited from the program, the agency must advise Hello Initiative immediately. The associated mobile service will cease to receive automatic recharges and will be disconnected after 28 days.
7. If the client wishes to retain the number they can advise their worker before disengaging with the program and Hello Initiative will facilitate where possible to organise the transfer of the service to the clients name. This will be subject to the discretion of Hello Initiative.
8. In the event of disengagement, reasonable efforts must be made by the referring team to recover the mobile device. If recovery is possible, the device must be returned to Hello Initiative.